This muesli is a very healthy way to start the day and it certainly beats anything you can buy in the supermarket.
160g macadamia nuts
75g sunflower seeds
75g pumpkin seeds
40g sesame seeds
2 tablespoons chia seeds
120g goji berries
2 pink lady apples peeled, cored and roughly chopped
80ml coconut oil
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
Pinch sea salt
Honey to taste
65g shredded coconut
- Place the nuts, buckwheat and seeds in a large bowl, cover with room temperature water and soak for 7 hours. In the meantime place the goji berries in a small bowl, add just enough water to cover and soak overnight.
- The following day preheat your oven to 50 ͦc or as low as it will go and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Drain the nuts, buckwheat and seeds and rinse well. Dry thoroughly using paper towel and process in a food processor until you reach your desired texture then transfer to another bowl.
- Drain the goji berries and place in the food processor with the apple, coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla powder, ginger, salt and honey and process to a fine puree.
- Combine the 2 mixtures in a large bowl and stir well. Spread out on the prepared tray and place in the oven for 6 – 8 hours until toasted carefully tossing it every couple of hours.
- Remove the muesli from the oven and allow to cool before breaking into bite size pieces. Combine with the shredded coconut and store in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.
- Serve your muesli with almond milk for a delicious breakfast
Reference; Healthy Every Day by Pete Evans